Shane Says February 2, 2009Posted by antimeme in Apple.
Tags: Apple, Macbook Air
Shane is the Customer Service rep I talked to at 1-800-MY APPLE. Shane told me the following things (we’ll find out if Shane told the truth soon enough):
- I could not get the $49 iWork deal, since a refurbished model is technically not new. He gave me a small discount anyway – $65, rather than $79.
- It was a Friday when I called. I asked if I should expect delivery the following Friday. Shane said it might be here as soon as Monday. “They are pretty fast, usually,” he said.
- I did not need to order the $9.95 iLife Up-to-date package. He (i)thought(/i) iLife ’09 would be thrown into the box.
- Shane charged me $63 for the wireless Mighty Mouse. I don’t know why. It lists for $69.
- My refurbished nano came in a plain cardboard box – not the cool clear plastic box that new ones come in. Shane said that he thought they shipped the Air in the original black box. Same for the SuperDrive